Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Sadie Renee Meek

Sadie Renee Meek has arrived! She was born 2/9/10 at 4:24pm at Centerpoint Medical Center in Independence, MO. She weighed 6lbs 9oz, was 19.5 inches long and her head circumference was 13.5 inches.


Here is a brief Labor & Delivery story...
2/8/10 Admitted to start cervidil for the night... see previous post.
2/9/10

Pitocin started at 6am

Water broken at 9am

Epidural at 930am

My L&D nurse kept flipping me this way and that ... 'like a rotisserie chicken' she kept saying... to get Sadie to move down.

Epidural bolus at 3pm because I thought I was tougher then I really am!

Started pushing at 3:54pm

Dr Ash arrived around 4:20pm and was shocked that Sadie & I were as ready as we were.

Sadie arrive at 4:24pm... yes that is exactly 1/2hour of pushing. That was enough, thanks!

Daddy cut the cord and did great through the whole thing. He was a wonderful coach!

Sadie's Apgars were 8 & 8... no NICU! She had some rapid breathing and retractions the first couple minutes but calmed right down and hasn't had problems since.

Sadie & I got all cleaned up and Clint & I were able to snuggle our precious daughter for the next couple hours and let everything set in! She is perfect and we couldn't be more proud of her.


We had an awesome medical staff and I have to say it was most definitely because of them that Sadie and I are doing so well. They not only took care of us but watched out for Daddy to. If it wasn't for our nurse, Jessica, I don't know if Clint would have made it through the whole thing or been able to cut the cord. She treated him just as well as the patients and for that I am very grateful. I couldn't have asked for a better experience.




No comments: