Saturday, January 9, 2010

Merry Late Christmas and Happy Belated New Years!

(not the best picture but you get the idea!)
Clint and I made the trip to IA twice for Christmas this year... which will not be happening again! We were there for a weekend left for 4 days so I could work and came back for another long weekend. Although the travel stunk, it was so nice to be able to spend Christmas with our family and see some great friends. I was very worried when we first moved that we wouldn't be able to be "home" for Christmas. I have been praying since before we moved that we would be there so thank God he agreed with my idea! There is nothing better then family at Christmas time.
Well here it is... 32nd week! We are finally on the home stretch. I haven't decided yet if it's only 2 more months or 2 more long months. Depends on the day. This week has gone quickly and I am sure next week will to. I have been feeling pretty good. Very tired and uncomfortable and sleep is no longer in my vocabulary but nothing too crazy. I had a rough patch over Christmas. The ARNP exclaimed, "Oh honey you have cankles!" when I went in for my last appointment. That was an understatement! I was swollen from head to toe and barely able to walk. I attribute this to pushing too hard and not hydrating enough. Oh well, I survived and so did Sadie! She is quite the scheduled little lady which I of course love. She has her moments where I know for sure she is up and moving. Once in the morning and once a night for 2 hours each time then for much shorter and less painful amounts of time during the day! As much as I hate getting my butt kicked from the inside, I am thankful for it!
In other news... Clint and I celebrate our 2 year anniversary December 29th. We went for a wonderful dinner at a French restaurant downtown. It was delightful! I worked the night before and when I finally drug my rear end out of bed that day Clint had a beautiful bouquet of a dozen red roses and a card waiting for me on the counter... am I not the luckiest lady ever?!
We did absolutely nothing for New Years. In bed asleep when it changed to 2010... I'm not too worried about it. Someone would have let us know if we missed something extraordinary.
On January 5th I turned 27. The night before we went for Mediterranean tapas downtown... delicious!!! Clint had to go out of town that morning until Thursday so we just celebrated early. He got me a pair of those new Rebook shoes that are supposed to help tone and some Mizzou hair bows and socks for Sadie! I know, I know some people would be totally ticked at the shoes thing but I was so excited. Clint knows I am bound and determined to get back to my old self (close to I should say, I know things will never be exactly the same) after our lady gets here. So to some it may have been rude or insensitive to me it was thoughtful.

So that's our last few weeks summed up. We have our hospital visit tomorrow and are going to get some house stuff done today. I need to set up the pediatrician on Monday and my maternity leave and then things will be about ready for Sadie to arrive! In a few weeks of course. I'm not hoping she comes quite yet.

No comments: