Thursday, January 29, 2009

Grandpa & Grandma Swallow

Over the weekend we went out to see my grandparents for a late Christmas and to celebrate my grandma's birthday. I grew up with them living a field away which I walked through many times to visit. We (me and the siblings) spent a lot of time with them growing up. Not too long ago they moved from the farm house to a assisted living community in Dallas Center. They are both 91 years old now and amaze me every time I see them. They are still full of life, happy and have so many interesting stories to share. I never realized as I was growing up just how knowledgeable the were or how much they care for me. I saw them as the grandparents down the road where I went to play games, watch some television and have root beer floats. Looking back I realize some of the things they taught me and some of the wonderful moments I had with each of them. I wish I would have realized earlier just how important they are to me but am thankful I have realized now.

No comments: