Saturday, December 13, 2008

Christmas shopping

I would just like to voice my frustration with the holiday season. Christmas is no longer the celebration of Jesus' birth, it is the holiday to buy big, eat big and be rude. Clint and I went Christmas shopping today and everywhere was super busy! It seems any store I set foot in around this time of year is jammed packed and the majority of the people could care less if they walk in front of you, bump in to you or snatch something off the shelf just as you go to grab for it. Has anyone else had this experience? Yes, there are a few people who are cheerful and considerate of others; however, as I said before the majority are down right RUDE! *sigh* I try so hard to remind myself that I am in charge of my own actions and just because they are having a bad day does not mean I have to have one to. I am not going to lie, this only helps for awhile. Eventually I find myself getting frustrated and annoyed with other shoppers.

On another note, I am officially off orientation at work. That's right, Carrie Meek RN is on her own. I have a resource person for each shift which is basically a specific person who I can ask questions and bounce things off of. Exciting, yes... Scary, most definitely. Pray for me!

No comments: